Located along seven glorious miles of seafront, Event Essex: Southend Campus offers guests a vibrant and exciting visitor experience. With attractions, events and culture to suit all ages, budgets and time scales, Southend has much to offer the day delegate, the overnight guest and the holiday-maker.
Our Southend facilities are ideally situated to offer guests a variety of local amenities to ensure that your visit with us is as comfortable as possible, whether you are visiting us for the day or staying with us for a month.
Local amenities include:
- A Sainsbury’s and Tesco Express
- High street banks
- Post Office
- High street retailers
- Independent shops
- Farmers and craft markets
- Bars and restaurants
- Shopping centre
Just a three-minute walk from our Event Essex accommodation and meeting spaces is the world’s longest pleasure pier. Stop by The Royal Pavilion for afternoon tea and some entertainment, soak up some history at the Pier Museum or spend a few hours fishing from the pier edge.
Concessions and family tickets are available.
Visitors to the Event Essex: Southend Campus benefit from our town centre location, which offers a variety of bars, clubs and restaurants all within easy walking distance of our accommodation and meeting facilities.
- "The Forum has certainly eclipsed all expectations and provided the perfect atmosphere for good conversation before the event. We hope we are able to work together again in the future."Institution of Mechanical EngineersKen Sager
- "Thank you so much for making our A* Challenge day work. The efforts you made with the planning and delivery of the day are really appreciated by both myself and the students."NEEEP A* English Challenge
- "Thanks for all your help with our Flog It! Valuation Day. We had an excellent number come - 500 - which is fantastic for an event held in the summer."Flog It! BBC
- "Thank you and your team very much for contributing towards a successful and enjoyable event. I have received only positive comments about the event and how smoothly it ran, and much of that must be attributed to you and your team for their excellent organisation and support."Freemasons' Grand Charity
- "I just wanted to write a quick note on behalf of myself and my co-organisers to thank you and your colleagues for all your help in making the RC28 conference a success. Delegates seemed very happy and we received many compliments on the good organisation."Institute of Social and Economic Research
- "My small group was impressed with the University's facilities, which compared very favourably with all of the other (23) campuses we have experienced. I would not hesitate to recommend your University to others."Northern HeritageN. Welsh